Rest day – Sudbury
Where to start.
Oh, happy birthday Carole.
Physio folks – congrats, graduation was today I believe. Too bad I wasn't there, vous me manquez, et je n'ai pas eu la chance de finalement avoir ma photo de graduation. Tabarnouche (or something like that).
Slept in (expected).
Went to town.
Dropped off the bike, and the mechanic was going to work on it for the next few hours.
IMAX theatre, the first in the World (I believe). So, went to the theatre – Mysteries of the Great Lakes. The other option, at a different but inconvenient time, was Hurricane of the Bayou. Always fun to watch an IMAX film.
Back to the bike shop – fun news. After a few people reefing on it, with a 4 foot bar, they couldn't free-up the right side of the bottom bracket. The blow-torch came out too. No luck. The left was stubborn, but they got it out. It was fairly corroded in there. Ten years that puppy has been in there. It's been through lots of rain, some snow (not intentionally), and on the island, some salty rain. So, the plan of the night – let it soak up in some liquid. Tomorrow morning, another mechanic will be in, and all three of us will be able to give it a go. Worse case scenario, and very probable (I must admit, and expect), I buy a new little bike to get me through the trip.
So, back to home base tonight, a fun evening socializing, eating, and laundry before bedtime. Plus, I guess I should take time to finally update the blog, picture album, and a few emails I want to get to.
Funny thing, I have tan lines on the top of my head from the helmet. Funny. I've had tan lines from the straps before, but never through the helmet.
Thanks for your patience. I wish you guys all the best, and see you in 7-8 days (some sooner – sis and the kids, and the Toronto crew.
Later,
p
5 comments:
Hey! Thanks for the b-day wishes!!
Sorry to hear that the bike is in the shop! Hope they can fix it so you can continue the tour with it.
Looking forward to seeing you. Kids are happy to hear that you are at Memere's and will be here soon. ;o)
Got the pic of the rock.... tsk tsk tsk onk quierre!!! Where did you do that? If it's in the Sudbury area, we'll have to stop and take a pic of the kids with it.
Enjoy your time with Mom and tante Joyceline!
Hey Duuuude
You still make me laugh...
ride strong!
see you soon
Han
I've been explaining to the boys that you are biking across Canada. Xavier asked why, Maxim asked how, and Alex, God Bless him, asked where you packed your snacks (always about food that boy!!). Looking forward to seeing ya (and for you to show Alex where you pack your snacks - but keep it clean please!).
Marie-Josee
You could always make those tan lines permanent with a tatoo...or the hand print on your toosh...
Your trip is just full of surprises...enjoying all of it from here...
Dominique
Looks like we are both in the same boat. My bottom bracket is also seized to the frame, so they can't replace the pieces they need to after the crank snapped off.
Know any good places to buy a bike in Ottawa?
Conrad
Post a Comment