Kamloops – Rest day
Sunny and overcast, very windy and occasional rain (all 4 things together at times).
Happy Mother's Day to the moms out there. Yes, I did call my mom today (for those wondering if I forgot or actually called).
I am disappointed that I dont get to mountain bike in the area. I realized too late that I could of rented a car, drove up to Sun Peaks and then have some fun. But, lesson learnt. I will have to wait until Banff.
Morning – breakfast at Hello Toast downtown. Cute little pixie girl servrer. Very quiet voice, that usually had the high note for the last sylable of the sentence (not in an annoying way, it was cute). Omlette with ham, cheese, onions and mushrooms. Tasty. Different than my oatmeal mornings.
Laundry followed. It was also laundry day for tree planters that came into town. After laundry, I headed out to Kenna Cartwright Park on the West end of town (that means climbing out of here, and keep climbing). I left half my gear plus the tent at the spot where I am sleeping, so I only had one bag (messenger style) to lug around. Boy the bike feels different and jerky without the weight.
The park itself is not that exciting. Not much variety. A lot of trees are being cut down or burnt to thin it out. It is to ensure the survival of the forest there. Overall, the paths are mainly hard-packed single tracks (occasional double tracks), roller-coaster terrain. It would be fun to be barreling down those at night. Day, it would be a bit boring. Some nice views of the town and beyond at the look-outs.
Supper – Greek food. Due to being mother's day, it was mainly a buffet. No problem for me. I had spanakopita, mukasa (sorry for the spelling errors), spaghetti, veal, lamb, ribs, chicken, caesar and greek salad, potatoes, and rice. I also had a pita with their hummus and (especially tasty) tzatziki. Their pitas are different (well, new to me). They are a little over a cm thich, very light, and maybe 15 cm round. They look like a little plate. Warm (right off the grill I presume), and they have a little layer of either butter or olive oil. Yummy. Desert – fruits (watermellon, canteloupe, strawberries and grapes), nanaimo bars, orange (or mandarin?) cake, and these triple layer of something (chocolate, maybe vanilla cream in the middle, and some jello on top – strawberry?). Total trips to the buffet table = 6.
Alright. It has come to my attention that the people who don't know me too well, who read these posts fairly regularly, think that I'm this fairly nice guy, lots of great qualities and such. We all know that can't be true. Since I like balance in many things in life, I am sending a request – when you post, you can say something “negative” about me, please. If you dont want to post it publicly, send it to me privately. I'll post those answers later on, so people have a better idea of who I am. Sounds fair? Now, no comments about me having bad jokes (and repeating them often), nor my hairdo (or lack of one).
That shouldn't be too hard for you guys, right? I remember this one person, who I asked them to tell me at least one good thing about me. I have them 3 weeks, and that was hard just to pull out a compliment from them. Funny how nice people can also be so evil. C U Next Tuesday. I guess that wasn't nice, but then again, nice people can do bad things. Oops. Little opening in the window of my life. Actually, more like a tiny scratch of the frost covering the window.
Tomorrow, off on the road again. I probably wont have access to Internet for a few days, just a heads up.
I hope all of you are doing quite well.
Well, I'm cycling down the road
tryin' to loosen my load
I've got seven women on my mind,
Four that wanna own me,
Two that wanna stone me,
One says she's a friend of mine
Take It easy, take it easy
Don't let the sound of your own wheels
drive you crazy.
Lighten up while you still can
don't even try to understand
Just find a place to make your stand
and take it easy.
p2
3 comments:
Something negative...
Pierre massages your left hip flexor, when he should have worked on the right one...and anyone who has endured hip flexor treatment, knows, that after enduring it on one side, the LAST thing you want is a second go at it. Mean guy. very very mean.
Not to mention, that one finds out AFTER he leaves, that he had been working in your local neighbourhood physio for weeks without telling you.
Yes Pierre. I found out.
Stone him! STONE HIM!!!
:)
I don’t quite get it, but hey, you’re the main attraction here and you have a request!
So, here goes (don’t know if you consider it negative or not);
1. I think you’re a bit “fruity” talking about food stuff in such details (cupcakes, etc…).
2. I think you’re a bit “nutty” camping out at a schoolyard around low income housing.
3. I think you’re a bit “cheap” camping out a schoolyard.
4. I think you’re a bit “crazy” doing this trip alone.
5. Oh! And you’re personal hygiene is less than par!
MT
P.S. okay, the last one was a joke, but I wouldn’t want to smell you right now :)
You are a strange one P2!! Strange! Are you lonely? Are you going crazy? LOL
Negative about you.... you only talk about biking and .... there has to be something else in life.
;o)
Post a Comment