Introduction

Allo, hello, tere,

Some old lines/puns: Pierre qui roule, rock and roll, the rolling stone (gathers no dust).

Who: Pierre, Ottawa (ON)

What: Cross Canada travel.

When: After a few days rest in Tofino, British Columbia at the beginning of May, 2008, hit the road around the 4th. The 1st time-based goal is to arrive in Ottawa in mid June, race in a 24-hour mountain bike competition, and head back on the road a few days later. Finish the trip in St. John's, Newfoundland, at the end of July, 2008, before returning home to Ottawa to start being an adult again.

Where: Canada, West to East, via Toronto, Ontario. Detours: Val Gagné and Manitoulin Island (ON), Gaspé region (QC), and Cape Breton (NS).

Why: Visit this beautiful (and fairly big) nation of ours. See family and friends. Taste the cuisine of different parts of the country and enjoy the various beers and wine along the way. Experience anything the villages and cities along the way have to showcase. Lose 50 pounds and be buff.

How: By bicycle (her nickname: Dzie, pronounced D-Zie).

Extras: According to mapquest, a drive from tip to tip (via Toronto) would be 7710 km (85 hours of driving, 2 ferries). A flight would only be 5400 km (9 hours flight time, with switching planes 2 times).

* I do occasionally feel I am following the footsteps of a few great ones (whom I've also had the honour of riding with), who have done this trip in the past - Al, and especially Tanya. I do hope that I can bring in some new pics, new stories, and not rehash stuff that those amazing folks have done before me.

** I imagine I'll be a bit lonely at times throughout the trip, where I highly request and encourage comments from you guys. It'll be my way of having some conversations with you. I'll try to update the blog every few days.

Disclaimer: Most of you guys know me. In my posts, there will probably be a mixture of bizarre stories, silly jokes (like the weight-losing bit a few instances before), some references to music lyrics and movie lines. I will do my best to entertain, but sometimes, I might miss the mark on being funny or entertaining (hopefully not though).

Posting messages: Readers with a gmail/blogger account - you know what to do. Readers who do not: post a comment as anonymous (but put your name at the bottom of the comment please). The occasional personal messages can be sent to pierre.l.perron@gmail.com

Ciao,
p2

Saturday, May 10, 2008

PICTURES PICTURES ! (click here)

Shortest entry yet.

I hope it turns out.

I'd like to add comments to every pictures, maybe in time.

later,

p

3 comments:

Boo said...

I'm so happy you were able to figure the whole picture thing out because I'll be checking in every day! I love your photos!!! You definitely have an eye for all natural beauty! Love the photos of the trees, rocks, flowers and scenery! The starfish were my fave!!! I would love to see them! WOW!!!

Riley was especially excited about the Canucks arena! You know how he gets excited about something well, that is what it was like when he saw those photos. Screaming and everything.

Paige loved seeing pictures of you. With her big smile: "onk quierre!" . :o)

Rachel loved the animals (turtles, horse).

Stay safe!!!

Anonymous said...

Salut
J'ai reçu ton message quand on est arrivé de Penetang. Nous avons été voir Lord of the Dance à Casino Rama samedi. Merci pour tes souhaits de fête des Mères. J'ai aussi passé les souhaits à ma tante. Je pars pour Ottawa demain matin. Je vais regarder les photos quand je suis arrivé là bas car ce soir je dois paqueter et me coucher de bonne heure. Prend bien soin et Stay Safe
Love you
Mom

Unknown said...

Crazy pictures Pierre. Looks like your having quite the adventure and seeing some amazing views. Thanks for sharing those experiences with us. Keep it up.